Friday, May 21, 2010

Week 2 Pt. 1

Here is the link for the Newsweek article I mentioned in the last post: http://www.newsweek.com/id/235565.
It's a discussion of how the iPad could change many different industries. Very interesting. I would like to get my hands on an iPad just to try it out. I love my iPhone so maybe I would love that as well....since it is sort of a really big iPhone....

I finally got my computer to let me watch the first lecture. It's not the Blackboard or anything like that's fault. It's just that my computer (at least this one) hate playing videos. Just absolutely hates it. After watching the lecture, I finally figured out why everyone is freaking out about the different programs we need to download. So far I haven't had any problems. I need to read more about the remote server connection. I did get it to work but I wasn't able to find the article I needed for 2000. More practice I suppose. And the Pittcat+ plug in is working on my Firefox, so I'm very happy, especially since I feel like I have so many things to catch up on.

I wish I was in the classroom however, it would make things a bit easier to concentrate on. (Part of that is my computer freezing every 20 minutes). I also would have liked the hands on part of the lecture. Getting to see the parts in person and look at them is quite a bit different than looking at a diagram in the book. I found the part of the lecture about solid state drive interesting so I looked up some more info about them. I found an article stating that Apple will give consumers the option of picking a SSD for the new version of the MacBook and MacBook Pro. (http://www.obsessable.com/feature/solid-state-drives-101-why-should-you-care/). There has been a lot of information in the lecture as well as in the book that I wasn't knowledgeable about. I knew a lot of the terminology but reading the textbook definitely helped to clear up a lot about different parts of the computer and what their functions are.

I also found this article interesting. It doesn't have to do really with what we are talking about in class currently but it does have to do with the ever changing aspect of technology. The article is more information about Google TV. Google just announced on Thursday that it is going to launch Google Tv which will allow users to surf the web and watch tv on their televisions. (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20005527-1.html?tag=smallCarouselArea.0)

Ok, so now it's time to watch some webcasts! And download the podcasts to my iPhone! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment